CHABA and Cannabis 101 for Washington State LMT's hosted by Massage Network Solutions
Time & Location
About The Event
Please note: This registration is for current Massage Network Solutions Members ONLY.
Non-members must register at https://watsonconsultingserv.com/massage-continuing-education/
Cannabis? Wait, is it legal to use for massage? What is CHABA, and what if clients ask me to use a cream or lotion they have that has cannabis in it for their massage? Will I get in trouble for using it? Will it affect me? What about the discussion I’m seeing about all of this on social media. Is any of it accurate?
How do I navigate these issues and not get myself in hot water?
This class is designed to give licensed massage therapists in Washington the tools and knowledge they need to stay out of trouble and understand what can be used legally. The class will also cover the benefits of these products. This fun and informative course will help you:
- Understand the history of cannabis law in Washington
- Understand the current rules and regulations around the use of these products
- Maintain safe roles and boundaries with clients
- Understand the basics of CHABA/cannabis and its benefits
- Identify legal CHABA products available in Washington
- Help you speak confidently about the topic to your clients/patients
Your instructor, Jennifer Chan, has been a massage therapist since 2007 and has been researching this topic since 2011. Jennifer was the first CHABA massage therapist out of the green closet here in Washington and helped create the current Washington CHABA law. She has been involved in a variety of educational efforts around cannabis and CHABA products here in our state.
Instructor: Jennifer Chan, LMT, BCTMB
CE hours: (4) Meets Washington state ethics requirements for roles and boundaries as well as rules and regulations.
- MNS Current Members Only$40$400$0