Nancy Haller "Breathing to Full Capacity"
Time & Location
About The Event
“It is not what the practitioner does, but what the client learns to receive and replicate that makes possible the changes in patterns of posture, balance and movement.” N. Haller
NeuroMuscular Connections bridges the Feldenkrais Method® with massage by engaging a different approach to affecting posture, balance and movement to decrease the levels of pain and patterns of tension in our clients' bodies. The focus is on changing the habitual and acute patterns in muscle groups and the fluidity of fascia by mobilizing the skeleton and working across and through joints, instead of on or along muscles. By understanding the use of weight support and providing a safe environment for change, the process of improving ROM and tension reduction becomes simple. As a result of these technique used, practitioners apply very little force. Compared to traditional deep tissue massage and structural bodywork techniques the clients experience a painless and quick release of tension via neuromuscular pathways.
In this series of classes:
- develop new skills in assessment of the client’s posture, balance and location of movement.
- recognize how pain in the client’s anatomical structures may be affected by their posture and balance.
- gain insights into how the habitual posture patterns of holding reduce the client’s ability to improve their healthy lifestyle.
- learn to organize the client’s whole dynamic system of approximately 205 bones, 650 muscles and the fascia components rather than reduce the tension in one muscle.
- learn a new style of “hands-on” strategies and techniques.
About the thoracic class: Explore working with all 3 dimensions in the Thoracic Region to increase balance, breath and reduce pain in the other regions. Work with the fascia inside of the thoracic region as well as the related muscles bringing movement to the whole ribcage to bring more ease to standing, sitting and walking. Client complaints of pain in many areas may have direct connection to the restrictions in the thoracic region.
Common client complaints include: pain in the ribs, pain between scapula, shoulder/head forward posture, shallow breathing, thoracic outlet syndrome, brachial plexus, and scoliosis. Asthma, COPD, PTSD, trauma and other physical and stress related breathing issues.
- Member Price$75$750$0
- Nonmember price$115$1150$0